8.06.2009

Paper Hearts




I want to see the new movie paper hearts. I know that Michael Cera is totally type casted right now, and never really plays a new character, but nonetheless I still want to see it. I have to support the quirky, geeky Asian actress Charlyne Yi, who definitely looks like the star of the film, and furthermore it simply looks like a fun light-hearted indie film that most importantly doesn't take itself so seriously. Here is the trailer for Paper Hearts. Make note of the cameos from Seth Rogan, Demetri Martin (stand up comedian, if you don't know him definitely look him up), and Martin Starr (from Freaks and Geeks, Knocked Up, Adventureland and Party Down).

4 comments:

  1. looks like FreaksAndGeeks/Undeclared meets This American Life (http://www.thisamericanlife.org/TV_Episode.aspx?episode=2)

    Like a "Judd Glass" creation or whatnot.

    I loved Charlyne in knocked up, and she was also Grace, Kenneth the page's love interest, on 30 rock.

    And I promise I won't creepily post anymore (today.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you think this american life translates well to TV?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kite, you temptress, I'm breaking my vow. I prefer the radio episodes, but I've also only seen a couple TV episodes. I think it's as good a translation from one form to another as it can be but I like that radio leaves more to the imagination, so they can cover things that they might not be able to cover/wouldn't be as interesting on film.

    Also, in a similar vein, one of my favorite storytellers featured on the Moth is Elna Baker, and she has this video story from the rejection show that I think is a pleasant way to spend 10 minutes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBvVBXpV8tI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toko chan
    I want to see paper hearts too.
    Did you see Julie and Julia yet? It was good...mostly Meryl Streep was good, Amy Adams was a little annoying.

    Boooon appetit

    ReplyDelete