7.16.2009

No Pain No Gain

If I were a more balanced woman, I would be able to walk around all day in heels. I would also have to be a woman more tolerant of pain. All I can say is that with the strong encouragement of my friends, I am slowly warming up to the idea of heels.

In a perfect, pain free world I could wear some of the more trendy shoes like the selections below. Its all about sky high, platform heels with lots of details, from buckles to extra straps, to metallic notes and supple textures.







I would particularly love love love to be able to wear the booties, which I think would look divine with skirts, shorts, and dresses. They are instant elegance with an edge. Not to mention they would look super sleek with black tights in the winter.

Or maybe, considering I wear a lot of basic colors, I should add a splash of color.




Or considering I wear I lot of basic colors, maybe I should lean towards neutral toned shoes. They match everything, and they are known to make legs look longer. I didn't include a beige shoe because although they are the ultimate in leg elongation, they aren't enough fun, and if I'm going to bear the discomfort of wearing heels I want them to be fun.



Realistically, it will take time for me to transition into wearing sky highs like the ones above. So, the shoes below seem like a compromise. Being wedges they are a more comfortable heel, but they are still fun and fashion forward. I'm absolutely lusting after the Elizabeth and James pair on the right, but the more I look at the strapy pair the more I like them, and realize they could look really cool with anything short. In the end I have to realize that heels will only get more comfortable if I wear them more, and I have to start taking to heart the age old saying "no pain, no gain".


1 comment: