1.14.2010

Sandals 2010

After agreeing that gladiators are definitely on their way out we started to discuss what will be the next big sandal trend. In Buenos Aires we saw that the ankle bootie sandal was all the rage, but we weren't sure if this trend would really take off in the US. I was browsing the internet (what else is there to do during the last few days of vacation) and I saw some common threads. Here is what I'm thinking may be the new trends in summer footwear:

The Ankle Sandal
Not as extreme as the sandal bootie, but similar.
I happen to really like the first pair. I can see myself wearing them.




The Grecian Leather Sandal
Reminiscent of the gladiator, but more natural and less flashy.
I like the first two pairs a lot I think they would pretty much go with anything and work on anybody (unless you are super trendy and only wear black leather).




The Cage Sandal
This trend was popular in the winter only with a heal and I think its popularity will carrying into the summer. Also the lace-up sandal could be a trend on its own as well.





The Understated Ankle Sandal
These are a dialed down version of the ankle sandal a little less bold perhaps more versatile.
Thinking Kite will like the last pair.

What do you guys think? Am I on the right track? Do you like these trends or do you think they will flop?

3 comments:

  1. i love the last pair!!! where are they from?? i also love the first pair!

    are you really excited to wear your black leather ankle ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the last pair are they too similar to the pair I bought in BA? I'm trying to find them in my size but so far no luck.

    I'm excited to wear my new pair a little worried about all the noise they make.

    The last pair that you're interested in (which I predicted...pat on my own back) are from urban (good cause they are cheap bad cause they are from urban)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I like the first pair too, I think they might be a bit hot for the summer. I also like the simple first pair of Grecian sandals, but I wish they came in black. I think the last pair that you guys identified are the most practical and wearable.

    Loved the post!! Keep it coming!!

    ReplyDelete